Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ramblings of a novice Blogger

Well, it's been a few days but I have been very busy advancing my knowledge of video, simple editing, freeware and hosting. There's just too many things to know and lots of places to divert your time - passwords, logins almost time to write everything down. I can see now that the more places the internet takes you, the less time you have. Time to make some paring down decisions. I'm spreading myself so thin that I have come to realize that perhaps less is more. I wanted to avail myself of the tools to make this BLOG interesting and interspersed with pix and videos instead of just ramblings of alphabetic characters and thoughts. Plus the fact that the riding season would be upon us very soon and I have a lot of plans to include a lot of new interesting stuff for you all to digest. What better time to explore the possibilities than during inclement weather. I must say that I have not really explored the possibilities of YOUTUBE, that is, until now . During the past couple of weeks I have completed a few projects from past events and posted videos on Youtube. I have found freeware which works and can mix video with stills and also able to add audio to the soundtrack. I have found hosting sites for the video projects, both public and Private. and also during my cyber travels I have discovered a site where I can host full resolution pictures for others to download (from), 'cause it's always a struggle to send these to everyone who wants them due to mailserver restrictions on attachment sizes. I am not a computer geek, but just merely one who needs to know how to use the resources available, and the main purpose is to make my BLOG as interesting as i am able.
Blogging is new to me. I have never expressed my thoughts in a journalist form before and as with any software you have to be confident in how it works and how to manipulate the add-ins, such as pictures and video (and where to host them). Well, I must say that I think I am getting more proficient and now when I see things I can visualize how they are going to turn out before I even start. Much the same as during my photography days when I could visualize the finished, framed portrait.
Actually the more I think of it, the more I can actually say, Less is More . I have always been a believer that More is better, but now I am not so sure. I can think of a few examples, but I will save them for another post.

ride safely, rubber side down, and pray for sun

2 comments:

  1. You should check out LiveVideo instead of Youtube. Much better resolution, but the audience will be less.

    For vlogging on a bike, you should check out Mordeth13 on LiveVideo. He is most probably the best bike vlogger out there.

    Nice Blog

    See you out there on the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Tony:

    thanks for the hint. I am still experimenting with bike mounts, but there are no ram dealers in town. Also I have my eye on a waterproof camcorder. thanks for your kind words

    bob

    ReplyDelete