Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dusk in Vancouver, Saturday 27 April 2013

It's Spring on the West Coast

    Dusk on Granville Street, Entertainment District, Vancouver, BC

After a quick dinner at a Pho Restaurant on Fraser Street, we took a quick cruise downtown to see what was happening.   We took the grand entrance by taking the Granville Street Bridge

and ended up in English Bay just as the sun was setting

    Laughing Monks, English Bay Denman Street, Vancouver, BC

We were so lucky to snag a parking spot without a meter.  Here in Vancouver meters are in effect every day of the week 24/7 until 10pm at night, and don't think that there are no parking enforcement officers around

    Angry Skies, Sunset on English Bay, Denman/Davie Streets, Vancouver, BC

It was nice the the rain stopped.   It wasn't warm but not too cool either.  Not many people about tonight


I try to grab a few different angles, sometimes it makes a bit of a difference.  Heavy overcast tonight.  Less cloud cover would have been better as to catch a better afterglow when the sun sets


It is my intention to show you more sights around Vancouver as I travel about to different areas.   If you have any requests then just ask away.    It is not easy to find parking in Vancouver as there are many restricted areas which are reserved for residents only and you have to have a Resident's Sticker on your windshield.


It must be Spring, the flowers told me so . . .


14 comments:

  1. If it's until 10pm than it's not 24/7... Just trying to bug you, am I succeeding?

    The weather in the first photo doesn't look too welcoming but i the later shots, it's starting to look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard:

      You are too smart for me, and you analyze the "details" and are perceptive beyond your years so I expect you to look for the "loop holes"

      I mean 24/7 as meaning every day including weekends and holidays. In the old days, parking was FREE on the weekends and on Stat Holidays

      Delete
  2. Bob,

    Hey Sweetheart!! You take the loveliest photos! I just love looking at all of your posts. But it sure looks cold there. We're roughing it out in 100* here in AZ tomorrow, riding about 250 miles each day for the next two days. Hot, hot and more hot! But I don't mind one bit. My wet vest does the trick. I'm just struck by the vast differences between riding here and riding there.

    It's a big world, right?

    Sweet Rides Bob,

    Sash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sash:

      That's what I need . . a cooling/evaporative vest. I'll buy one when I leave on my trip into the US. It will be cheaper down there. I don't envy you nor your 100°c baking temps.

      You should alter one of your four corners. Blaine, WA is NOT the Eastern most point. Cape Flattery/Neah Bay on the Olympic Peninsula is and it is beautiful there

      Delete
  3. The clouds may be angry, but they are still pretty. I would recommend removing the toes from the flowers. The flowers look like they are wilting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori:

      One thing you don't understand is I have the foot police here, always checking for dirty soles, and trying to get me to wear socks/slippers. I am stubborn and I have to wash my feet all the time to keep them clean and smelling fresh, so if the flowers are wilting, it's not from me . . .

      Delete
  4. I still want to move out where I can see the skies better (that was my plan). Nice spring clouds you have, not "angry" tho. You will have to look down around Keith's part of the world to see angry clouds in those worrying storms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last photo reminded me of Tiny Tim, except they weren't tulips. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA) Flowers are starting here now too - early spring bloomers like snowdrops and blood root and daffodils are all in flower, at least until the deer get to them, but that's another issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canajun:

      I remember Tiny Tim. Oh what a memorable voice . . .

      Hope Spring arrives soon for you, and that you will be able to ride too

      Delete
  6. Great pictures Bob, but how did you balance on one leg to get your foot up to the flower level? Very artsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trobairitz:

      You noticed ! I was trying to be low key, and I have had a lot of practice.

      Delete
  7. That one cloud looked like it was smiling!

    Beautiful flowers, toe and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb:

      Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. Our City likes to keep the flower beds looking nice.

      Delete