Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ride Report: Chispa Open House, April 26, 2008

Now that riding season has started I find that there is not enough time to catch up on my backlog of video/picture projects. It seems that every weekend is just full of activities and computer work is best left to the non-riding, rainy, winter season. As mentioned before I am always on the lookout for new topics to post, but YouTube is getting in the way and I have diverted a lot of my energy and resources over there, thus now you know the reason for lack of recent posts on this Blog. I'm not sure how many of you do video editing but it is very time consuming. Often it takes 4 or 5 hours to complete, render and post up on Youtube, as you will see in the video to follow (this took over 4 hours to produce). If you have time you could check out my Channel. (log into www.youtube.com and search for "bobskoot" channel).

Last month a few of scooted down to Bellingham to experience Dirty Dan Days, and also Chispa, Fairhaven sponsored an Open House and scooter show & shine. It was a sunny warm day and except for the long lineup at the Canadian/US border everything went smoothly. During the past year or so we have made contact with fellow scooterists who belong to www.ScootersofBellingham.org SOB's for short. I manage to keep in touch with Todd & Dorcie (SOB's) and they volunteered to meet out group in Custer, WA and lead us on a scenic route into Bellingham. I find it more enjoyable to experience the backroads of the Pacific Northwest rather than the boring fast past of the I-5 .

At Chispa, after the show & shine they had a draw for some prizes, and I must say that the Canadian contingent got their fair share of things to declare at the border. You might say that we cleaned up.

Around mid afternoon we left and rode the famous Chuckanut Drive close to Burlington. As Dorcie so kindly offered to prepare us a beverage at her home after our ride we ended up there. Thank you again Dorcie for your invitation. We appreciate it.

I think the Video says it all . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment