Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 4 Cody, WY to Belle Fourche, SD

I'm having trouble with the WiFi here so this will be short.  Already crashed a few times

This was mainly what I like to call a transition day.  A day to get you farther on the road so I was not intending to stop for many sights but I found a most, delightful scenic road and I took time to savour it.  It was Highway 14 East from Cody.  It starts out flat with roads straight as your eye can see


and then you enter the Bighorn Scenic Byway


It's not always easy to snap photos with your left hand so I stopped for this one.  I had no idea that I was entering a slot gorge


I took this one "on the fly" as no one was behind me


. . .   to be continued as the wifi keeps dropping off


5 comments:

  1. Bob ... I think you've discovered a destination for Jennifer & I to head to one day for some camping. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey with the rest of us. Keep looking up & pressing forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun watching you move across the continent with SpotWalla. I thought you had stopped for the day at Spearfish only to find later that you had been riding around the area.

    Safe riding ahead!

    Steve Williams
    Scooter in the Sticks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    Be careful shooting pics while riding....stopping can be a pain but....

    I'll have to check out that scenic byway some day.

    Dom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob,

    We were watching your Spot tracker on Saturday evening. It's kind of neat to be able to follow along in real time. I see you stopped at Wyatt's Hideaway. It looked like you were just about to get rained on.

    I hope the weather improves for you.

    Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Start eating square meals and hydrating, Bob!

    Don't make me have to come down there! :=)

    ReplyDelete