Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Good Friends

You don't have to see a friend for them to be a good friend.  As we go about our lives doing what we need to do to survive it is nice to know that you have people you can count on.  If I need help to move a heavy piece of furniture I only have to pick up a phone and they will drop what they are doing and come over in a flash.  They are there when you need them, and I am there when they need me.  Then there are good friends whom I may only see once a year, and so it was that Robert (the Reverend) sent me a text message the other day inviting me to lunch


He is prompt and he arrived at my office at 11:45 am precisely .   He wanted to take me out for lunch on my special day .   He gave me a card . . .


Notice the "lunch with friends"


so we ended up at a sushi place up the street


I ordered the two rolls on the left, and he ordered the three rolls on the right.   They came on separate boards, but the idea was that the food was to be shared


I must say that it was very tasty


We talked longer than we should have and I had to get back to work


I am so lucky to be surrounded with good friends who remembered me on my Special Day


I am humbled again . . .     July 9th   one day many years ago and I am happy to be still here


22 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Bob, great to have friends to share special days with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EL D:

      You can count your real friends on one hand, that's what I have learned and it's not like you have to see them all the time. It takes a lifetime to forge a bond

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! (And it's even Wednesday so you are allowed to post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard:

      Thank you. July 9th just happened to fall on a Wednesday this year.

      Delete
  3. I have to write it in my special book so I don't forget next year.

    Happy Anniversary of your Birth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trobairitz:

      Thank you for your well wishes. Everytime you blink, another day passes by

      Delete
    2. And look you are already another day older. You blinked didn't you? :-)

      Delete
    3. Trobairitz:

      I'm not looking forward to the day that I don't blink anymore

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Karen:

      Thank you, but wished I were where you are . . .

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Right up my alley! Sushi! Yum!
    Happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B & K:

      thank you to you both for your e-Card. I recognized the E-Type and I also remember that we used to have a Morris Minor, and my uncle had the convertible version way back around 1958

      Delete
  6. Bob, it's a good thing some of your friends are safe distances away. Otherwise we would surely have fattened you up some.

    I'll eventually shorten the distance and make up for it.

    It's odd that as you come east, I'll go west. We're out of synch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David:

      I was really hoping that you would be here before I wasn't. Couldn't you step it up a week ? We should be in Sync next year. In fact you may have to kick me out . . .

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday mate. Hope you may have many wonderful rides ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve:

      Thank you. Another year crossed off. I'm starting to count backwards now. Yes, lots of rides coming up but just not any this year. No trips planned until Summer 2015, this year is 4 wheeled touring . . .

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, Bobskoot!

    Glad you had a wonderful time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb:

      thank you for your best wishes. I seldom go out for lunch. I bring something and just eat at my desk while I read blogs . . .

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Bob. Tha's some good looking Sushi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris:

      cheap and good. Very busy place with lots of staff. One was beef teriyaki roll and the other had crabmeat in it. I usually order a bento box, they they don't have them at this restaurant

      Delete