Saturday, June 18, 2011

R&R: Heading for warmer climes

I had a very enjoyable time with Gary and I was holding back on my posts, until he arrived back home in the UK. While we had only just met, I feel like he has been a lifelong friend. I wished he lived closer. We are separated by a continent and an ocean. I was reluctant to post too many embarrassing photos after all, what happens in Vancouver stays in Vancouver (or something like that).

but I just can't hold back anymore, so here is a teaser photo . . .

IMG_3400

It seems that he has an admiration for shoes of a specific colour & type. It was a hard fought battle, but in the end he won the rights to wear them to the Summernightmarket.com . Also notice the tinge of colour around his neck. I also have a casual golf shirt of the same colour and I regretted not wearing it on this night. After all, don't brothers (from a different mother) dress alike ?

We are going away for a week of relaxation, experience some new roads and snap a few photos somewhere warm & sunny, we hope. We fly out tomorrow. I have packed my T-shirts, shorts & sandals, my normal summer attire. Shoes and slacks are for work. No need to have them tag along on our vacation. Without them I feel free . I will have my trusty dSLR by my side so if you see someone by the side of the road, snapping pictures of a scenic coastline, parked in the middle of the road, it may be me. I will look something like this . . .

P1060678

I should be able to post "from the road" , otherwise, see you in a week

9 comments:

  1. Safe travels, my friend. Looking forward to your road reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time Bob and take care of that foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SonjaM:

    Thank you. I always look forward to exploring new roads. Only thing is biker's remorse everytime one passes by.

    Geoff:

    I'm not yet 100% but it hurts more when I wear confined shoes. Even my riding boots feel too tight, walking in them nearly cripples me. I think the sandals will make me heal faster

    ReplyDelete
  4. i awoke to crystal clear and coastal cool temps of 60F so i hope that you get the warm temps that you are seeking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and sunny could be almost anywhere outside of the PNW. Have a great trip.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see where you and Mrs. Skoot are heading to find warm weather. Waiting patiently for pics......

    Gary in pink crocs - nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe and fun filled trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! The stories are starting to come out!

    (I am honestly surprised the wardrobe wasn't coordinated better. tsk, tsk.) LOL.

    Have a great time and looking forward to seeing the adventure!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete