Friday, July 29, 2016

ScooterBob - Northern Wisconsin Visit

I picked the right bike to ride today.....an almost perfect color match.

Both Ben and I on 250's, he rode the GTR250 and I had the Helix.  We went north and as far as I could tell, we met Erik and Nancy almost exactly on the dot at our agreed upon 11:00 in Rice Lake, Wisconsin.  A couple of emails the last few days, today's meeting at a spot roughly half way between our homes worked out very well.

We pulled into the outreaches of the parking lot, sort of expecting to see a black (or dark grey?) pickup.  I knew that they would be in something with 4 wheels....well...something with more than 2 at least.  Ben and I were just pulling past when I recognized a guy climbing out of a brightly colored car......






Thanks Erik!


Of course there was one of Erik's Crocs.....


After the photo session, we all sat down together for a very enjoyable lunch, the discussions even better.  It was great to finally meet Nancy and to spend easy time with Erik once more.

Another 231 miles (on the road) for SB today.




6 comments:

  1. I thought about you a number of times today. Looks like another great day of riding with Ben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric, we were out, sort of a quickie. All the kids were home, a rarity these days. Ben and I were on a mission today; direct route only.....well mostly.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of yellow in one parking lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, that's been said about my little Helix. Today in Rice Lake, planets were almost revolving around us.

      Delete
  3. OMG Bob would have been there forever. He loved his 'Vette maybe more than his bikes. He would have been sharing Corvette war stories for endless hours. No way he would have tolerated that wooden trinket on the hood of that yellow beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yellow Corvette was a huge surprise and so very Bob, just fitting that it was there in Rice Lake to greet us as we rolled in. I never touched this beautiful car; Erik did the placing AND removing.

      Delete