Friday, February 24, 2012

29in29: Twenty4

Not many weeks ago it was off to work in the dark. I leave for work before 7am but today there was a strange light in the sky

P1000121

The monsoons stopped the other day and the temps have been dipping to near freezing. Yesterday I had hoped to ride to work but I had to scrape my windshield so on the side of caution, I stuck to the safety of 4 wheels. This morning I looked outside and saw frost on the roof of the carport next door but I checked the ground and it seemed dry, so off to work I went

P1000122

As I navigated my way to my office, I noticed the white frost on the roofs of the houses along the way so I tried to make smooth movements . When I got to my parking spot I noticed the Honda Shadow was already there. We have 3 riders at our Company. The other Harley will show up later in the Spring.

It is also a good feeling to leave work before sunset. I am one of the last to leave as you can see from the lack of other vehicles. If only we kept daylight savings time all year around to have more light after work. I only wear my Olympia Hi-Viz Orange jacket during the winter. It is not as bulky as other riding jackets as the liner has a body heat type of foil liner which traps internal heat which keeps you warm(er). I forgot to zip in the pant liner and it was a bit cool without it

P1000111

As I ride I forget about all my troubles, my mind goes blank, and I only think for the moment; which lane to be in, where to turn, when to upshift, who to pass & who to follow. If I didn't have to be at work . . .

P1000126

I think I could have just kept going . . .

7 comments:

  1. "As I ride I forget about all my troubles, my mind goes blank, and I only think for the moment." True words, my friend. If we could only ride on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see the longer days, too. I know what you mean by the "just keep going" feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you managed to ride to and from work in the light.

    Looking stylish in your high vis too. Cool reflection pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "As I ride I forget about all my troubles, my mind goes blank, and I only think for the moment; which lane to be in, where to turn, when to upshift, who to pass & who to follow. If I didn't have to be at work . . .I think I could have just kept going . . . "

    Exactly!

    Only a couple more weeks and daylight's savings begins - YAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures Bob! The hi viz looks great. Yesterday I left work early to run some errands for my boss and then went for a long ride. It was so peaceful and wonderful to get used to how Scarlet rides. I was a little chilled when I got home. Thinking about heated gear for next year, although Motorcycle Man thinks I don't need it & it is overkill, tat coming from someone who never rides in the rain or cold :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja:

    I tried to solve problems when riding, but I can't . . . I can only think in the moment

    ToadMama/Kathy:

    It is getting better, it is not dark when I leave work. Soon the sun will set later and Spring will be here

    Trobairitz:

    I wanted to ride more but I don't like to take risks when it comes to frost. Better to wait and ride another day. We have the whole year ahead of us . . . just waiting for warmer weather

    BlueKat;

    I've already been looking at Maps and the calendar at the same time. Spring will be here in LESS than a month, Yay for all of us

    Dar:

    Heated gear is great to have, even if you don't use it. I have my heated vest with me all the time, just in case . . . sometimes I even turn on my heated grips

    Charlie6/Dom:

    I'm glad you are Okay. Make sure you check out your internals too. I never even got to meet Yoshie and now there may be Yoshie2

    ReplyDelete